Best RV Repair Service and Cost
in Omaha NE
Mobile Mechanics of Omaha
RV Repair Service near Omaha NE: Are you looking for the Best Rv Repair Service near Omaha NE ? Mobile Mechanics of Omaha, we know the local roads because we have traveled them many times so we can get to you fast. We can give you a battery boost even if you call in the middle of the night because of our 24/7 availability. Whether your vehicle is completely destroyed or just needs to be transported from one spot to another, we have you covered. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Rv Repair Service around Omaha NE. We serve Omaha NE and other areas. Get a Free Quote Now!
BEST RV REPAIR SERVICE IN OMAHA NE
Everything You Need to Know About RV Repair Services
RV Repair Service near Omaha NE: One thing we love about RVs is the fact that most repairs can be made quickly and easily by the owner. That said, there are times when you might need a little help with a repair. When these bigger issues arise, many people take their RV into the shop to be fixed. However, some people prefer to turn to mobile RV repair.
Wondering what mobile RV repair is, and if it might be a good option for you? This article covers the ins and outs of RV mobile repair, so you can decide with confidence whether or not this is the route you want to take next time your rig is in need of some TLC.
What is a RV Repair Service?
As you might imagine, mobile RV repair service is a type of repair service that comes to you. This might mean that a mobile RV tech visits you in your campground or at your home.
In some cases, people choose this service out of necessity because they can’t move the RV due to damage. However, more often than not, a mobile RV mechanic is called out because it is the most convenient option.
Types of RV Repair Services
Many people seem to believe that a mobile RV mechanic is “one size fits all.” However, this is not actually the case. In fact there are a total of three different types of mobile RV repair service.
1: RV Dealer or Repair Shop House Calls
Some RV dealerships and repair shops will make house calls on request. This is typically done only on an emergency basis, and you will likely pay a huge sum to have a tech from one of these places visit you. For this reason, we don’t recommend going this route if it can be helped.
2: Mobile RV Repair Specialists
There are some repair techs out there who specialize in a certain type of repair. These specialists often work out of their trucks, and if not that, they tend to be more willing to visit customers due to having a niche customer base. That said, because these repair people are specialists, you can also expect to pay well for their services.
3: General RV Repair Techs
Finally, there is the general mobile RV tech. This guy tends to be a jack of all trades, with a bit of experience fixing pretty much everything that can go wrong on an RV. They rarely have a shop to work out of, meaning mobile work is all they do. In most instances, this is the person you want to call in when you want mobile repair work done.
Getting Parts for RV Repair
RV Repair Service near Omaha NE: Unfortunately, because the general mobile tech (option #3) tends to work from his or her truck, you can’t expect them to have every RV part you could possibly need on hand. This means the parts might need to be ordered online or picked up at a local store.
In some cases, the tech has connections and is able to get a bit of a discount, making it beneficial to order through them. That said, it often works just as well for you to order or pick up the needed items yourself.
You might find that it’s best to talk to the repair person beforehand to find out what you should order, and have it ready to go when they arrive. This will save everyone time and will likely save you some money.
Benefits of a RV Repair Service
RV Repair Service near Omaha NE: The obvious benefit to hiring a mobile RV tech is the fact that you don’t have to move your RV at all. If you’re already all set up at your favorite campground, there is no need for you to unplug and hitch up to have repairs done.
Likewise, if your RV is sitting in your yard, calling in a mobile tech removes the need to drive the rig into a shop. Finally, there is the chance that you are unable to move the RV at all. In these cases, this benefit is not just convenient, it’s necessary.
Another awesome benefit of choosing an RV repair service that comes to you is the fact that the work can be done in your yard, meaning you may not even have to take off work to get it done.
We also appreciate knowing the tech will be focused only on your rig while he or she is at your home or on your site. This means mistakes are less likely to be made due to distraction, and you know you are paying for hours spent focused purely on your RV.
Other RV repair services include:
- Window blind and shade repair
- Carpet replacement
- Oil & filter changes
- RV detailing (wash & wax)
- Holding tank clean-out
RV Repair Costs
As with any large purchase, there are maintenance costs you can expect to pay throughout the duration of ownership. Be aware of the potential repair costs you face with RV ownership whether it’s a motorhome, travel trailer, fifth wheel, pop-up camper, or truck camper.
You may consider purchasing an extended warranty as a precaution.
Average Labor Costs
If you take your unit to a big dealership for repairs, you’ll pay a minimum of $129 per hour, but this price can rise to as much as $189 per hour if you own an expensive rig. Some dealerships have the attitude that if you can afford to pay several hundred thousand dollars for a coach, you can afford whatever they want to charge to repair it!
Smaller sellers will charge as little as $65 per hour, so if you shop around, you can easily reduce your labor costs . Some will give you a break and instead of charging by the hour, will offer you a flat rate per job. If you can get them to do this, you’ll save a bundle.
How to Cut Costs
Many of the items used in RVs are no different than the ones you can purchase in stores or online. Certain things, such as specially sized plumbing parts, cannot be bought this way, but most others can. Furthermore, there are many talented workers around who are willing to do jobs for cash “on the side” to earn extra money.
- TV repairman can fix your television set,
- people who work in carpentry shops can upgrade cabinets,
- upholsterers with RV experience can redo your furniture,
- tailors can make curtains and
- flooring experts can carpet your coach.
- These people charge far less than RV dealerships do, and the quality of their work is just as good, if not better.
Sometimes people who already are employed in a dealership will also hire themselves out when they are off duty. Employing them can easily reduce labor and parts costs by half. Dealerships would like people to think that they are the only places where consumers can find RV parts and services, but this simply is not true.
Owners have all sorts of options for cutting costs if they will just take the time to ask questions and let workers know they are in the market for less expensive services and parts.
Typical Large RV Parts Replacement Costs
Here is a short list of items that many owners may eventually need to repair or replace:
- A refrigerator can cost upwards of $1,000. Large ones can cost as much as $2000.
- Air conditioners run about $600.
- New tires will cost between $250 and $900 each depending on size and brand.
- Entry stairs will cost upwards of $300 depending on the type and size of step.
- A good quality inverter will be $2,000 or more. (Check out the savings in the ad I show below for the one we purchased from Amazon recently. Same product, lower cost. It’s a “no brainer”.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the RV Repair Facility locator work?
The Mobile Mechanics of Omaha map will use your current location, or the City, State and/or Zip of your choice, to locate all RV Repair Facilities in our direct area that are located within a 100 mile radius. You can then view the star rating, reviews, services offered, and more details about each listing.
How can I find an RV Repair Facility that performs the exact services I need?
Please use our Type of Service filter to narrow down RV Service Centers that specialize in the type of repair, maintenance or restoration you are looking to have done on your vehicle.
Do any of these RV Repair Facilities provide mobile service?
Absolutely! We are happy to include thousands of mobile RV mechanics in our directory. Each RV Repair Center listing will specify if they provide mobile service, or you can narrow your local facility searches to “mobile” only using the filters on our locator.
How does the 5 Star Review system work?
Each RV Repair Facility listing within our directory gives visitors the opportunity to leave a detailed review, including commentary as well as an overall rating from 1 to 5 stars. A 1 Star Rating would be used by a customer who is very unhappy with their service, while a 5 Star Rating would be used by an RVer who had a wonderful experience with that particular RV Service Center. These reviews are completely objective, and cannot be influenced, changed, or removed by the RV Repair Facility.
I am an RV Repair Facility, can I add my listing to the Mobile Mechanics of Omaha?
Yes, Mobile Mechanics of Omaha is always happy to expand our directory. Please click here to Create a Listing, and provide us with the most accurate and up to date information regarding your location, services offered, hours of operation, and contact details.
My RV Service Center is already in the directory, can I update the information in this listing?
RV Service Centers can control the information in our directory by choosing the Claim This Listing option at the bottom of the Repair Facility listing. We will require verification that the claimer is actively affiliated with that RV Service Center before changing any of the information. Once you have been verified, you will be able to add and/or edit information to your RV Service Center page. Please note that this does not extend to the 5 Star Reviews, which cannot be edited by the owner of the RV Repair Facility.
CALL FOR US:
- Rv Repair Service Near Omaha NE
- Camper Repair Services
- Mobile Rv Repair Service
- Camper Trailer Repair Shops
- Rv Repair Mobile Service
- Rv Service Center Near Omaha NE
- Local Rv Repair Shops
- Motorhome Repair
- Rv Repair Mobile Service
- Rv Repair Service
- Mobile Rv Repair Service
- Rv Repair Cost Estimator
- Rv Service Center
- Local Rv Repair Shops
- Travel Trailer Repair Service
- Mobile Rv Repair Omaha NE
- Arlington NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Ashland NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Avoca IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Avoca NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Bellevue NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Bennington NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Blair NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Boys Town NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Carson IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Carter Lake IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Ceresco NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Council Bluffs IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Dunlap IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Eagle NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Elkhorn NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Fort Calhoun NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Fremont NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Glenwood IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Greenwood NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Gretna NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- LA Vista NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Lincoln NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Logan IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Louisville NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Malvern IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Mead NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Missouri Valley Ia Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Murray NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Oakland IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Omaha NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Pacific Junction IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Papillion NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Plattsmouth NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Ralston NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Springfield NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Underwood IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Valley NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Wahoo NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Waterloo NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Weeping Water NE Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Woodbine IA Rv Repair Service Near Me
- Yutan NE Rv Repair Service Near Me