Best Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service and Cost in Omaha NE
Mobile Mechanics of Omaha
Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service near Omaha NE: Are you looking for the Best Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service near Omaha NE ? Mobile Mechanics of Omaha, We provide professional car audio electronics products and installation. We can outfit cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, and even boats with high-quality mobile electronics. we can create a beautiful, custom fiberglass panel that will house additional speakers. Cost? Free estimates! Send us a message or call us today. Best Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service around Omaha NE. We serve Omaha NE and other areas.
BEST CAR POWERED SUBWOOFER INSTALLATION SERVICE IN OMAHA NE
Car Powered Subwoofer Installation at Mobile Mechanics of Omaha
Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service near Omaha NE: Looking to enhance your driving experience? Then a new car audio/video system from Mobile Mechanics of Omaha is just what you need! Whether you want to upgrade your factory car audio system or build a custom car stereo from scratch, our team is the answer you’ve been looking for. We provide professional car audio electronics products and installation for drivers in and around Omaha NE, and our qualified technicians are here to make sure you always have access to awesome tunes while you’re behind the wheel. With over years of experience to rely on, we’re your source for the best in car stereos and mobile audio equipment. Call us today to learn more!
When you turn to Mobile Mechanics of Omaha for your mobile audio system, you can expect nothing but amazing results. We can outfit cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, and even boats with high-quality mobile electronics. While we’re an authorized dealer for many types of components, we’re also happy to install products that you’ve bought elsewhere. Providing service that’s above and beyond most car audio shops, Mobile Mechanics of Omaha is here to make sure our customers benefit from careful, correct installation workmanship.
Mobile Mechanics of Omaha – Custom Audio Our licensed and insured car stereo installers will ensure that you get the right products for your needs and then make sure that your equipment is installed professionally using 100% copper wire. If you don’t have enough outlets for the number of speakers you want to install, we can create a beautiful, custom fiberglass panel that will house additional speakers. Customized solutions to meet your in-car audio needs is the name of the game at Mobile Mechanics of Omaha.
We don’t cut corners to cut costs; instead we work hard to provide our clients with first-class craftsmanship and materials at highly competitive rates. From amps to speakers and subwoofers, we have everything you might need for a stellar car audio/video system.
How to install a powered subwoofer
No matter what kind of music you love, adding bass makes it sound better. Let’s take a look at what it takes to install a powered subwoofer in your vehicle with the help of one of our guys from tech support.
Find a place to mount your sub
Before you get started, find a suitable place in your vehicle to mount your sub. The sub’s built-in amplifier generates heat, so adequate ventilation is important. And you’ll want to place it somewhere that’s not too difficult to access.
Wiring kit and speaker wire
Your powered sub does not come with the necessary wiring, so be sure to purchase an amp wiring kit that includes the wiring and fuses you’ll need.
Disconnect the battery
First, disconnect the negative battery terminal to protect you and your gear during installation.
Step #1: Running power wire
Next, run the power cable from the battery to the powered sub. Some kits have the fuse assembly already put together. But if not, cut a short piece of the power cable, enough to cover the distance from the battery to the fuse holder location, and strip the insulation off both ends. Crimp the terminal ring from your wiring kit to one end, and attach the fuse holder to the other end. Strip the insulation from the end of the wire that leads to your amp and attach it to the other end of your fuse holder. It’s important to keep the fuse close to the battery since the lead between the terminal and the fuse is unprotected.
In most vehicles, you can pass the power cable through the firewall that separates the engine compartment from the main cabin using an existing entry point. Once you’re inside the cabin, tuck the power cable under trim panels or your carpet along one side of your vehicle until you reach your powered sub location.
Step #2: Running turn-on wire and signal cables
After running the power wire, the next thing to do is run the turn-on wire and signal cables. Both the turn-on wire and RCA signal cables need to be connected to your stereo. Run these cables behind the dash to your stereo. The turn-on wire connects to a remote turn-on wire in your stereo’s wiring harness. It’s usually blue, but confirm this with your owner’s manual. Plug the RCA cables into the appropriate RCA outputs on your stereo.
Run these wires, the turn-on wire, and the RCA cable, down the opposite side of the car from the power wire. This will prevent electrical noise from entering your system and spoiling your music.
All of this assumes you have an aftermarket stereo with preamp outputs. If you have a factory stereo then you’ll get the signal to your powered sub a different way. You’ll want to make sure your amp has speaker-level inputs and “signal sensing” turn-on capability. In this case, you can just tap into the speaker wires behind your stereo, or possibly the rear deck speakers. Either way, this will get a signal to the powered sub’s built-in amp.
Step #3: Connect the ground wire
The third primary connection is the ground wire. This wire should be connected to the vehicle’s chassis. Look for a nearby bolt that you can fasten the ground cable to. The ground wire terminal should be in contact with the vehicle’s bare metal. Sand away any paint at the contact point for the best connection.
Step #4: Make your wiring connections
Now, mount your powered sub and make your connections. Try to use gentle curves with your wires and cables when possible to prevent unnecessary wear and tear.
Before you fire it up to test, turn the built-in amp’s gains all the way down. And reconnect your vehicle’s negative battery terminal. Verify that the sub turns on when you start the car. Then you can play some music and set your gains.
Everything You Need to Know About Car Powered Subwoofers
Car powered subwoofers solve a great number of problems for many vehicle applications. In this post, I’ll explain the details of them, pros and cons, and finally I have a list of 5 great choices I recommend for you.
Not everyone needs (or wants) a more permanent amp + speaker box installation. Additionally, they offer a compact and tidy way to add good bass sound in a limited space in many cars, trucks, jeeps, and more.
Car powered subwoofer basics
Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service near Omaha NE: Many vehicles over the years (even as far back as the 1980s) have had factory-installed powered woofers in their premium level sound system. Typically this was because of the extremely limited space in some of the smaller vehicles produced over the years. Unfortunately, while those provided a bass boost, they were low-power and low-volume bass devices. Many would begin to distort quickly under higher volume.
You’re no longer stuck with using a cylindrical powered speaker tube like the Bazooka brand that was once popular. Additionally, new speaker and amplifier technology has made it possible to get far better sound in a very compact size than ever before!
How they work
Car powered subwoofers are more specialized than standard mix-and-match aftermarket subwoofers, amps, and boxes. The most critical difference is that in order to produce bass in a small space, these are carefully designed to match a subwoofer to the speaker enclosure. In other words the subwoofer is carefully matched to the small enclosure it will be used in.
Each type of speaker has a set of particular parameters that allow a designer to determine how it will perform acoustically in different sizes and types of speaker enclosures. These are called Thiele-Small parameters. I’ve used them frequently in custom speaker projects of my own; they’re extremely valuable to avoid guessing if a speaker will perform well in a certain size box or not.
Additionally, they’re different in other ways too:
- A special-purpose amplifier is built-in
- Amp rated power is designed only to support the speaker used
- A low-pass crossover is normally used (with adjustable controls)
- The assembly is a single product, with all installation connections made in one central area
- They are often designed to complement factory stereos easily
A reduced-size, reduced power amplifier designed just for the product is built into the design and this reduces cost as well (since you won’t normally need extra channels of sound or extra features, for example). More often than not a car powered subwoofer is designed to be very modular and can be installed as a single piece of equipment aside from an option like a wired remote knob.
Installation problems they solve
As you probably already know, the average factory installed car stereo has poor bass. Space is very limited in vehicles like some small pickup trucks, Mazda Miatas, and other sports cars, and perhaps even the family minivan!
They’re fantastic for a number of applications:
- Adding good sound to lower-end factory stereo systems
- Having an all-in-one solution for do it yourself (DIY) car audio projects on a budget
- Leased vehicles in which you would like to keep your audio investment at the end of lease
- Vehicles like Jeeps or other open-air vehicles that may be prone to theft and a removable solution is best
- A simplified and budget-priced way to shop for a subwoofer system for those with less experience
Another great benefit is that they save on installation time and effort! There’s no need to have to figure out how you’ll mount a separate amplifier and so forth. It’s not an issue!
Benefits of a Subwoofer for Car
Improve your car’s sound system. The main benefit of a subwoofer is its ability to produce low-frequency sounds. Your usual, small car speakers often have difficulty making these sounds. No matter what kind of music you listen to, choosing a top of the line subwoofer can take your listening experience up a notch.
Take it anywhere. Unlike other additions to your car’s sound system, a subwoofer can go practically anywhere. You can put one in your trunk, under your seat, or even just in the back seat. They don’t have the same space constraints as other sound components.
Types of Subwoofers for Cars
Component subwoofers only come with the speaker itself. All other components must be bought separately. This is good for those who want to personalize their subwoofer and build it from the ground up. Many component subwoofers vary quite a bit from model to model. You can pretty much find whatever you’re looking for in this category. You will need to choose and buy other equipment for them to work properly.
An enclosed car subwoofer is simply a speaker that comes already put into a box. With these subwoofers, you don’t have to worry about selecting an enclosure separately. But, you might find yourself with fewer options than if you had chosen to build your system from the ground up. You will also still need an external amplifier to power the whole thing.
Also called powered subwoofers, these are just like enclosed subwoofers but with an amp built right into the box. These work wonderfully in tight spaces and don’t require any extra work on your part. They are also simpler and easier to install since everything you need is included in one piece. You don’t have to worry about installing an amplifier separately. However, they are usually smaller and more compact. This can make them unable to deliver high-quality sounds. These systems work best for those who just want an add on to their stereo or who don’t have enough room for a bigger system.
Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service near Omaha NE:
- If you want to make the installation as easy as possible, we recommend choosing a powered subwoofer. With one of these, you won’t have to worry about installing an amplifier as well.
- If you’re looking for a very specific setup, we recommend choosing an amplifier, enclosure, and speaker separately.
- Make sure any amplifier you get is compatible with your subwoofer.
- Choose a place for your subwoofer and measure it before you start shopping. Then, you’ll know exactly how much room you have.
- Remember, if a subwoofer doesn’t come with an enclosure, you’ll still have to buy one. This can increase the price quite a bit. You’ll also need an amplifier to power the system. It is very difficult to find a complete system that produces quality sound at this price point. In general, you get what you pay for.
Subwoofer for Car Pricing
Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service near Omaha NE:
Under $100: These car subwoofers usually only include the speaker itself or produce low-quality sound. Typically, you aren’t going to find any high-quality subwoofers in this price range.
$100 – $200: This is where most of the average subwoofers are. Many will come with an enclosure, but you can also find high-quality speakers at this price range without one.
Over $200: Once you pass the $200 mark, you reach the zone of complete car subwoofer kits. Most of these kits come with everything you need to produce a high-quality bass in your car. If you aren’t looking to personalize your system and just want a kit already put together, expect to spend about this much money.
Hiring a technician to install subwoofers
Vendors charge around $100 to install a subwoofer, but the cost will run over $300 for complicated installation work. Better still is to purchase some or all of your components, including the subwoofer, from a dealer who will install it for you as part of the purchase price.
Active Subwoofer Installation $120.00 – $165.00
Subwoofer Box Installation $60.00 – $85.00
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Subwoofer Size Should I Get?
On average, bigger car subwoofers produce better sound. Of course, this isn’t always the case. The exact sound produced also depends a lot on the quality of the subwoofer enclosure. Still, it is usually a good idea to purchase as big of a car subwoofer as your car can handle. It is impossible for a small subwoofer with a quality enclosure to produce the same sound as a big car subwoofer with a quality subwoofer enclosure.
How Much Does It Cost To Put A Subwoofer In Your Car?
You should plan on spending at least $200 on a high-quality, average-sized subwoofer. This includes the subwoofer enclosure, speaker, and amplifier. It is possible to find small, compact subwoofers for less. These will not sound as good as the larger subwoofers, though, but they often work better for smaller cars. Depending on what you’re looking for, you might have to spend more money on a subwoofer, especially if you want one with lots of power or a unique sound.
How Do I Upgrade My Car Audio?
One of the easiest and most straightforward ways to upgrade your car’s stereo is with a car subwoofer. Because car speakers are small, they have a hard time producing low-frequency sounds. A car subwoofer is designed to produce these sounds. Even if you don’t necessarily listen to music with a lot of bass, a subwoofer can help produce those low-frequency sounds your car is probably missing.
Which subwoofer will sound the loudest?
If you’re looking for the sub that will deliver maximum SPL (play loudest), you need to consider sensitivity, enclosure type, and available power.
Start with a subwoofer with a high efficiency (sensitivity) rating housed in a ported or band pass box. Next, power the sub with an amplifier that has a power output that is within your sub’s recommended power range (preferably in the top third of that range) or slightly higher. You’ll achieve the slam you’re listening for. Using an amplifier with a bass boost control can also help.
Which subwoofer will sound the deepest?
To experience the lowest possible bass tones, select a large woofer designed for use in a sealed box. This type of enclosure is your best bet for driving your frequency response down. Ample wattage is also a must if you want to hear those lowest bass notes. A woofer with a very low frequency response spec can help deliver extremely low notes. Additionally, larger woofers, because of their size and excursion capabilities, often have the ability to play deeper than smaller woofers.
If I put my subwoofer box in the trunk, will I be able to hear the bass?
Absolutely. The only situation that might prevent you from hearing bass from a trunk-mounted box would be if your trunk is sealed and soundproofed. Usually, bass travels easily through the materials separating the trunk from the passenger compartment. If you think you’re missing out on bass because your seat back and rear deck material are blocking the sound waves, you can alleviate the problem by punching a few small holes in the rear deck and covering it with an acoustically transparent material.
What factors affect subwoofer performance ?
Almost all of the following can affect your car subwoofers performance :
- Frequency response
- Cone build material
CALL FOR US:
- Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Service Near Omaha NE
- Subwoofer Installation Cost
- How To Install A Subwoofer In A Car Without An Amp
- How To Install A Subwoofer With Built-in Amp
- Subwoofer Installation
- How To Connect Subwoofer To Car Stereo
- How To Install A Powered Subwoofer To A Factory Stereo
- Powered Subwoofer Wiring Diagram
- How To Install Subwoofer In Car Near Omaha NE
- Car Woofer And Amplifier Lowest Price
- Car Woofer With Inbuilt Amplifier
- Subwoofer With Amplifier For Car
- Sony Car Woofer And Amplifier Price
- Subwoofer For Car Olx
- Jbl Car Subwoofer 1200 Watts Price
- Best Subwoofer For Car
- Subwoofer For Car With Amp Near Omaha NE
- Arlington NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Ashland NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Avoca IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Avoca NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Bellevue NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Bennington NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Blair NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Boys Town NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Carson IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Carter Lake IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Ceresco NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Council Bluffs IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Dunlap IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Eagle NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Elkhorn NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Fort Calhoun NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Fremont NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Glenwood IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Greenwood NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Gretna NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- LA Vista NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Lincoln NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- LoganIA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Louisville NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Malvern IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Mead NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Missouri Valley Ia Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Murray NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Oakland IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Omaha NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Pacific Junction IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Papillion NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Plattsmouth NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Ralston NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Springfield NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Underwood IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Valley NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Wahoo NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Waterloo NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Weeping Water NE Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me
- Woodbine IA Car Powered Subwoofer Installation Near Me